Gemco Players is dedicated to nurturing playwrights of all ages.
If you're a writer and would like to communicate with other writers, our Writers Forum is a great place to start. On the forum you can add your views and ask questions about any aspect of writing.
For more information call Ken on 0412 140 157 or email email@example.com
SUBMIT A PLAY FOR LITTLE GEMS
Each year, our Little Gems festival showcases the work of experienced, new and young writers - challenging them to write a play to be performed in ten minutes or less.
We're currently looking for entries for our 2013 Little Gems festival. Plays can be of any length up to ten minutes with up to four actors and with no restrictions on theme or genre. To enter, just send us your manuscript, completed entry form and $5 entry fee by 30 April 2013.
A shortlist of 20 plays will be selected in May. During June there will be a reading of the shortlisted plays and an audience will be invited. This will enable the adjudicators to see the plays and begin their assessments. The final ten plays will be selected in June.
Conditions of submission:
- Entrants must be of amateur status.
- Any play longer than 10 minutes will be automatically rejected.
- Submitted plays must not have been previously performed or published.
- Playwright's name must be printed on the front page only.
- Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted with the official entry form.
- An entry fee of $5 must accompany the entry form.
- Playwrights may submit a maximum of three entries each.
- Submissions close on 30 April 2013.
- A shortlist of 20 plays will be selected in May 2013.
- During June 2013 there will be a reading of the shortlisted plays and an audience will be invited. This will enable the adjudicators to see the plays and choose the final ten plays.
- The final ten plays will be selected in June 2013.
- Successful writers will have their chosen play published by Gemco Players Community Theatre and performed on condition that they permit their work to be published and performed, at the current festival, without fees or royalties asked for.
- Publication of a play by Gemco Players Community Theatre does not forgo the right of the author to subsequently publish the play elsewhere.
- All writers will retain their copyright.