Friday 31 May 2019
1. Plays can be of any length up to 10 minutes. Any play longer than 10 minutes, in the view of Gemco Players selection group, will be automatically rejected.
2. The play must utilise no more than four actors (more than four characters is permissible if the play allows actors to double up).
3. The play(s) submitted must not have been previously performed or published any where in the world.
4. Monologues accepted.
5. No more than three entries per Author
6. Entries must be submitted with the entry form and payment of AUD $10 per script (there is a 30c booking fee with Trybooking).
6. Successful writers will have their chosen play published by Gemco Players Community Theatre and performed on condition that they permit their work to be published and performed, at the current festival, without fees or royalties asked for.
7. Authors retain ownership of the copyright.
8. Gemco will publish the winning plays after selection. Authors agree that they will not receive royalties from the sale of this book. A copy of the book will be sent to winning authors. This publication does not prevent authors from publishing the play elsewhere after the Take Ten Festival.
Format for submissions
1. All plays should have a cover page with the name of the play, author's name, email and postal address. Please do not put your name on any page other than the cover page.
2. The file must be either attached to your email as a .doc or rtf file. If you do not have email, please contact Carmela on 0419 592 317 to discuss alternate entry.
3. The document must be double line spaced and ranged left.
Any play not received in the above format will be disqualified. If you need assistance with this please contact us.
For additional information please call Carmela on 0419 592 317 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our process and people's choice award
The plays received will be shortlisted by a selection group. The shortlisted plays will be read to a panel of judges and ten plays will be selected for performance and publication. The top ten plays will be performed at our Take Ten Festival in April and the audience will vote for their favourite plays. The author of the play that wins will receive the Peoples' Choice Award -- a AU$200 prize!!
Please fill in the Take Ten Submission Form and follow the link (at the top of the page) to trybooking for payment.
If you have any questions please email or call us.