Dandenong Ranges One Act Play Festival 2019
July - Saturday 20; Sunday 21
Deadline for submissions Friday June 21, 2019
Information and Guidelines:
1) Plays are to be between 15 and 45 minutes duration.
2) You are responsible for any Royalties due on all material (including writing and music).
3) The definition of an Original play is that it is a play that has never been performed anywhere, including internationally, with the only exception being that it was a part of a preview season or at another festival on this year’s circuit.
4) All companies shall provide one copy of their scripts for initial assessment and for the adjudicator. Scripts are sent at the owner’s risk. Gemco Players will not be responsible for returning any hard copy scripts that have been submitted.
5) All plays submitted are subject to acceptance by the Gemco Players Committee who reserves the right to refuse plays, but will attempt to give a satisfactory reason, however, their decision will stand.
6) Maximum of two (2) entries per company.
7) Entries will be accepted from companies that are amateur and not-for-profit only.
8) Minimum number of cast is two (2).
9) Youth is classified as being 18 years inclusive or under on the opening date of the Festival.
10) All companies (a person or group of persons who have submitted a play) are obliged to pay a non- refundable entry fee of $50 per play, which is to be paid in full along with your entry details by Friday June 21, 2019. See submission form for payment details.
11) Your call time will be sent to you in advance of the weekend. Usually call will be one hour prior to your allocated time slot.
12) Once all the plays are confirmed and payment has been received we will finalise the schedule and send you the details.
13) Gemco Players will provide a stage manager who will oversee the entire backstage co-ordination of the Festival and look after the curtain opening and closing, but cannot stage manage individual plays.
14) Each show will have a maximum of 10 minutes to set-up and 5 minutes to clear the stage, we will do our best to assist you.
15) Once a session is underway please respect the other actors by being quiet whilst backstage. If you have any major logistics that need to be discussed with the stage manager, plan to do this one hour prior to your session time.
16) If your Company has sessions over two days you can bring your sets in on the first day. Gemco Players cannot accept responsibility for any items of property brought onto or left at the premises.
17) Your cast and crew are permitted to watch the other plays in their session time, depending on seating availability. Ticket holders will take priority in all cases. Once a play has started the audience will be discouraged to leave the theatre as it is very disruptive, therefore it is not advisable to watch the play directly prior to your own. A ticket must be purchased to attend any of the other sessions over the weekend.
18) Each session of the Festival will be followed by a brief adjudication in front of the audience. Gemco Players encourage you to attend this valuable element of the Festival. If you are the last play in a session please do not hesitate to enter the auditorium.
19) It is advised that each company provide its own sound and light crew but if this is not possible we will provide a support team for your play. Please supply a marked up copy of your script/s which you will need to bring to our tech team when you arrive.
20) Nine spot general lighting states will be provided, plus a couple of ‘specials’. If you have special requests for lights please contact the Festival Co-ordinator to discuss.
21) Tickets will be sold for each session (usually three plays) of the Festival at $15 and not individual shows. Tickets will be available through the Online ticket bookings and at the Box Office on the day. A Season Ticket is available for all the sessions for $35.
If you have any questions, please do no hesitate to ask.
We’re looking forward to another awesome festival.
DROAP Festival Co-ordinator 2019